First, what do you think of the trend to wrap/replace porch posts in cedar-style posts? Would you do it?
As spring comes and many homeowners are cleaning up their landscaping, they may also be thinking of some 𝙚𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 as well. If you don’t want to go to the extent of changing your porch posts, here are five relatively quick and easy improvements you can make.
1) Power wash your home, fence, and deck/porch. Just getting rid of dirt and moss/algae will brighten the whole look of your home.
2) Paint shutters with a contrasting color. Shutters fade with exposure to sunlight and just repainting them makes your home “pop” with color. You can get great ideas online by looking up the color of your home.
3) Put a fresh coat of paint on the trim and posts/railings. Many homes have white trim, which gets dingy over time.
4) Paint the front door and add new hardware. Consider adding a color accent by painting your door a contrasting color. Then put on “dressy” hardware for some extra class.
5) Replace exterior lights with trendy ones. You will be amazed at how lighting affects the look of your home.
Whether staying or selling your home, you can upgrade its look and bring a smile to your face everytime you come home.
If you have any questions, please reach out! I’m ALWAYS happy to help!